View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 02:42 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Chaley, Thanks, I am guessing that this is totally my fault. I was trying to set up a tablet as an extremely simple ereader for my senior mother. This was the third device and setup that I tried. It looked like it might be successful so I switched her from my google id for testing to her own and obviously didn't install CC properly.
One solution is to get the APK from a working device and email it to an address usable on her device. You can then install it and it should work. The problem with this approach is that she won't get automatic updates.
Quote:
I personally am properly licensed and pay something extra to you every so often as I think it is an outstanding product. Obviously in my testing for her I did something I shouldn't have and then I left the country for 7 months. I came home for Christmas to this problem. I will resolve it properly quickly. I had checked Google Play for updates, I didn't look at individual programs.

My apologies. I was in the wrong. Now I just need to properly install the correct version without losing her database and setup. Thanks again for an outstanding product.......Jackie
You have my thanks for your long term and continued support. And don't worry about "being in the wrong". If I went away for 7 months then I don't think I would be able to remember I even set up the tablet, much less what I had done with it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote