View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I also had problems in getting the apk to install (parse error). What was happening was that when I right clicked on the apk in Github and clicked on download I ended up with a 24Kb file named Epubreader.apk. If I tried to open it with a zip archiver it wouldn't do it.

Examining the file itself it rapidly became apparent it was actually a html file rather than a apk, although it was named as an apk.

I then downloaded the entire repository as a zip file and extracted the apk from that. This works fine on my Android 4.1 tablet.

It may be a browser issue or I may have missed the point of how to download a single file, however if anyone else is having the problem a first check is the size of the file - 24Kb is not what you want; the apk that works is 347Kb.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote