View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #11
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
@ajkessel

The 1949 : DEAD usb ID is what my kindle gives me when I try to boot up with no battery.

If you have as much money as time, you could order a replacemnt battery, for about $5, and see if that helps after you get the device open, but chances are the logic board is also damaged.

https://www.powerbookmedic.com/Amazo...5-p-95758.html

That site also sells logic boards for about $25.

So if you have the time, you can consider buying a replacement battery and a replacement logic board for about $30 plus shipping, which is what I did when my PW3 went swimming in the pool with me.

I order them separately, so I had to pay shipping twice, but I think they charge shipping by the item anyway, so it would have cost the same.

They have a video on how to take it apart: https://www.powerbookmedic.com/manual.php?id=214

Like knc1 said, for the "flat pry tool", I used my costco card, guitar picks are popular tools too. He spends a lot of time prying very carefully in the video, but it was not nearly as hard as he makes it look when I did it.

Or you can pay $20-$40 more than that to do the trade in, and get a new one from amazon. I wanted to keep "MY" kindle, even though it had replacement parts.

Last edited by coplate; 07-01-2017 at 07:31 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote