View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 01:19 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That could be the case. You do need to make sure the eject or safely remove has worked properly. If you do it from calibre, it should be OK, but if you also access the drive from Windows, that can block the eject from happening in Windows.
I'm not doing anything different than I do with any of my eReaders, but I'm guessing the Kobo Mini might be a little touchier and maybe it's not quite done "unmounting" when it shows that it is. (I use Calibre on Linux.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Also, I don't know what you mean by the "Sony format". These should just be epubs. There might be some style changes that work better on one device than on others, but there shouldn't be anything that causes a problem like you saw.
By "format" I meant "output profile." When I used the Kobo output profile (there's nothing specific for Kobo Mini) it produced some odd elements (like wide spaces between italicized lines). The Sony PRS-300 output profile looks almost the same on the Kobo Mini as it does on Sony 300 and 350 (which I like). Now that the Mini (eventually) worked without a reset, I'm guessing that the output profile isn't the issue.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote