View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I have always had them set the same way on my kindles, smallest margins. I know other devices can go all the way to the frame, but I wouldn't want it. I like it like a book, space still on the white before it hits the frame. So for me the kindle margin, narrow margin, not narrow text, is just perfect.

I think maybe some like the text more narrow so not having to move the eyes much? For me, as long as things fit into my bifocals and still be in focus, I am good. The Oasis2 is about as wide as I can go without having to turn my head.
What if the frame were the same color as the screen? Wouldn't the outer edge of the device be the outer edge of the page, just like a book?

A device that absolutely positively enforces a minimum margin greater than a couple of pixels or so is wasting display space. Amazon only has 3 margin settings. I don't see how anyone would be harmed by a 4th that would provide a truly minimal margin.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote