View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 06:10 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
One thing to remember is that this is still very much early adopter technology, and changing rapidly.

By this time next year I'd expect to see readers similar to the current crop of 6" readers, but with robust plastic substrate displays instead of the current (relatively) fragile glass displays.

I'd also expect to see the price a lot lower.

So it might be that your best option at present would be to wait, and make do for now with an old high-res palm os device (like a sony clie). Not as nice a display as eInk, but a lot cheaper while you wait for better/cheaper devices to arrive

On the other hand, I'd extremely pleased with my CyBook Gen 3.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcela View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times, it's just that I will be spending the big bucks in this (I'm in a third world country, remember... ) and I want to make the best decision I can...
Again, thanks for all your help.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote