View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks for the recommendations. I've jotted down the names and looked at some random titles at Amazon.

The Harlan Coben standalones seem to be closest to what I had in mind. Robert Goddard looks especially intriguing as well.

I've read all the Alistair MacLean books already. I also read Lawrence Sanders years ago. Desmond Bagley is a new name to me; I'll keep that one for future reference. John Buchan is only familiar to me from the Hitchcock adaptation, so I may have to check him out.

Andrew Vachss seems a little too hard-boiled for me, even though I like classic hard-boiled. I've never read Dick Francis--I'm not a fan of the horse-racing milieu.

I did want to avoid series--basically because I'm looking for a focus on average people rather than trained professionals, and that pretty much means a stand-alone. But I'm keeping all recommendations for future reference!

Thanks to all!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote