View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
need help with nested template

I've been scouring the reference for functions and the template page in the calibre manual, but there is no example that shows how each term works so I am having trouble understanding it.

I wanted to have a column that would tell me the average words per chapter of each book, so I created a custom column that is built from other columns. I already had a custom column for words and one for chapters.

First I tried this code and received this exception:

Code:
program:divide('#words', '#chapters')

EXCEPTION:  could not convert string to float: #words
Even though both custom columns #words and #chapters are integers, it seems that it is being read as a string.

Here is my next attempt:
Code:
program:
    format_number('#words','{0:d}');
    format_number('#chapters','{0:d}')
While that seemed to be fine, it did not produce any numbers in the column. When I added the divide function, I received the same exception as the first code.

I then tried to combine the divide and format number function together:

Code:
program:divide(format_number('#words','{0:d}'),format_number('#chapters','{0:d}'))

EXCEPTION:  float division by zero
I think that the last one is probably what I want to use. It seems that it is having a problem when it divides by zero, but I am unsure how to fix this.

If I use the second and first code, I would need to assign the result from the format number functions to a variable in order to use the divide function, but I am unsure how to do so.

Any suggestions on how I should change my code?
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote