View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I read that as saying that it does have faster wifi, but that doesn't mean a whole lot for web browsing, because the overall experience is still slower. I don't really see how it could be read as saying it has slower wifi performance, it says it has slower web browsing performance.

You hit the nail on the head, the Kindle Fire HD has slightly slower (not much) browsing performance compared to the iPad.

However, this story confirms what I said in post # 12, the Fire HD does a much better job in the long haul when it comes to long term versus short term media streaming, such as video.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...re-hd-vs-ipad/

Take aways from what I feel is an unbiased CNET review:

- While the iPad proves a worthy competitor in the streaming-video challenge, the Fire HD currently has no equal in this department.

- From a speed perspective, Amazon's browser comes up short. Silk on the Fire HD is sometimes even slower than on the original Fire, and usually a couple of seconds behind the iPad when loading the same page. (BTW, I was not a fan of the Silk browser on the original Fire and got much better performance from Opera Mini or Dolphin Mini. So while the stock Fire browser may not be as fast as Safari, I'm not sure if the same can be said when it comes to alternative browsers.)

- I don't recommend listening to music through most tablet speakers, but with the Fire HD I make a very clear exception. You've never heard tablet speakers as good as these.

- It's what the Fire HD does with books that really sets it apart ...

- Make no mistake, the iPad is the best tablet you can buy today; however, the Kindle Fire HD is a great alternative if you don't want to spend iPad levels of money or simply want a smaller screen and form factor.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-23-2012 at 11:32 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote