View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
This thread seems to explain why I haven't been seeing the slow page turns that many are reporting. I use Sigil to reformat most of the sideloaded epubs I download. Part of my standard setup is splitting on chapter boundaries. Looking at the last set I modified (Thorne Smith from gutenberg.au, the chapter size shown by 7Zip vary from 11KB to 32KB uncompressed. Compressed size is about 35-40% of uncompressed size.

If I get the file in a non-epub format, I use Calibre to convert to epub and then clean up the file with Sigil. Takes a bit longer but makes my reading experience much better. Just one item with Sigil -- Save! Often!! The search and replace code tends to crash and dump all your work since the last save.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-23-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: fat fingers can't type...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote