View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 03:29 AM   #2
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleq View Post
I have enabled SSH over WiFi connection, but obviously turning off the wifi from there means cutting myself off. I was thinking of running the script delayed, in the NOHUP background, logging the output to the file. Let it turn off the wifi and do its job. There's no nohup, disown, dislocate, screen or setsid so I don't know how to prevent script to be killed when the SSH connection is lost.
Hello, have you made some progress? It would be really useful to run this on K4NT.
About that delay run: you can install tool called "kite" from here - use script method (kite.gz), because bin update is only for Kindle 3.
As is in description, kite allows you to run anything executable from home screen, so you can write your testing script or program and then run it when wi-fi is switched off.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote