View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #48
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
nathonix,

Please let us know how it works for you when playing videos. I haven't been able to get any of my videos to play. These same videos play on my Augen "The Book", so I expected them to work on the Slick.

I sent an email to Southern Telecom's Customer Service department yesterday morning describing the problems I found with the image viewer and video player - no response yet...

Quote:
The image/photo viewer doesn't do a very good job of resizing images that are larger than the screen resolution. There are lots of jagged lines and blurry areas, even when the image is displayed in the largest size. By comparison, the Augen reader provides options to fit the image to the screen height or width, and does a very good job of resizing the image, displaying a much clearer view of the same images.

My biggest problem is currently the video player - I can't get it to show any of my video files (.AVI and .WMV formats). The videos are encoded with DivX, H.264, and WMP v9 and v11 codecs, usually at 25 FPS and 800 x 400 resolution. The Slick displays a "File Format Error" on all the video files I have tried, all of which play correctly on other devices (Augen The Book, Sony PSP, Windows PC, etc.).
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote