Thread: Augen Gentouch
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...droid-netbook/

Engadget got their hands on Augen’s crappy $99 Android netbook
July 27, 2010 in hardware news by Nate the great | 4 comments

Normally I wouldn’t start a title in such a negative tone, but I’ve seen this hardware before. Under no circumstances should you consider buying this. If someone offers to give you one, run away as fast as you can because they are obviously insane.

The Augen Gentouch74 has a 400MHz ARM CPU, 128MB of RAM, and runs Android 1.6. FYI: the Android spec requires a 1GHz CPU. Engadget are also seeing te same poor build quality that I experienced.

Run away! Run away!
I wonder if that's the one they're selling now: since the spec sheet says 256MB RAM and Android 2.1 - not 1.6.

Also - since when does Android need 1GHz? My Moto Droid has a 550MHz CPU, and I've heard nothing about it being below spec. I know 1GHz was rumored as a requirement for 3.0 - but that's not been confirmed.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote