Thread: Hisense A7 5G
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 07:20 AM   #3
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Here's a Google translation of the jd.com page

It does look very interesting.

Here's an English article at Gizchina.com

RRP of US$306, apparently.

The volume buttons double up as page turn buttons (hooray!)

I think the screen is Greyscale only, but that's not completely clear to me. It is a 300ppi screen.

A Russian site (Google English Translation) seems to have more info.

Android 10
4770mAh battery
Unisoc Tiger T7510 (four Arm 2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 cores, four 1.8GHz Cortex-A55 cores)
6GB RAM, 128GB Storage
USB-C
Headphone jack

It seems that there may be two versions, one with a Greyscale screen that's available for order now and due to ship 1st Jan 2021, and one with an updated colour screen will go on sale on 1st February 2021.

It's not clear to me whether these models are China-only, or are going to ship globally.
Here's another article from a Chinese site: https://translate.google.com/transla...20550192.shtml

The screen size is 6.7 inches, so that's bigger than a Kindle? Seems a bit much for a phone? It doesn't seem too portable to me. Also, according to the information in the Chinese article it doesn't seem to have warm frontlight.

The colour version described at the end seems interesting, though. From the description it sounds like they are optimizing the technology, which is highly promising.

For now, I think I'll just order a A5 Pro Classic and wait another couple of years for the technology to improve. The big selling points are the bigger size and 5G, none of which I need. The 300PPI would be nice, though
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote