View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 06:24 AM   #1
elliebeans
elliebeans began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini, 1st Gen
How to upload Calibre Library to iPad Mini (1st Gen)?

Hey!

Newbie here with a panic question. Haha, I have been browsing this forum trying to search for answers so I truly apologise if I may have used the wrong post or even sectione. I am still very confused... Haha

Okay, back to the question.

I am using an iPad Mini (1st Gen) on Windows. Having had my fair share of difference with the whole Apple/Windows problem where things don't work as well, my iPad is not as new or up to date.

So it was to my surprise when I brushed the dust of my iTunes that I found out that iTunes doesn't connect to iBooks anymore when connecting your iPad. For Windows at least. Needless to say the whole process of going to Calibre and sending things to "my device" or "my iTunes" doesn't work anymore.

Now that leads to my question, what do I do? I have found out that my iBooks loads super slow, because probably its so old, but I found a Bluefire Reader app as an alternative. Needless to say, I still have to now manually go through my Calibre FOLDER to find which books I want and it is so long and tedious because not going to lie, I have a major bunch of books because I went on a happy downloading spree a last year.

Calibre Companion or whatever the online server thing is call (where you have to use your IP) doesn't seem to load in the Safari browser of my iPad and the instructions make me very confused... Haha, can anybody please help me?

I just want to browse and see which books I want in my Calibre Library (desktop software) and upload from there. Does that still work? Is there a app that will let me do that on my little old iPad?

Last edited by elliebeans; 01-24-2019 at 02:40 PM.
elliebeans is offline   Reply With Quote