View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekse-Mie View Post
I bought this slim-fit cover for it : click here. Other colors than red are available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berilia View Post
Hi Hekse,

I saw this cover before an was tempted by it because of the weight.
But a vendor on ebay was trying to sell it and the pochetbook into the cover was broken :/

What do you think of it ? on french amazon, the reviews are quite bad, but they seem to be good in the german version

The pocketbook is clipped into the cover, right ?
Yes, the reader clips into the cover.
The problem is some of those covers (very similar, sold in my country under different name) were made for PB622 and the PB623 - touch Lux is a tiny bit thicker. I have compared 622 and 623 and the 623 *is* a little bit thicker.

An e-ink reader specialized seller in my country reports that not all of those covers can accommodate PB623 easily. With some reader-cover combination you can't fully close the cover.

Otherwise, this would be my cover of choice. No rubber bands across the corners of the device.

The manufacturer spends a fortune, trying to engineer the thinnest, lightest, most elegant device and we put in into a cover that doubles the weight and thickness, with attachment system that looks like a clumsy hack.
I can't understand why manufacturer of [insert any of the devices here] can't make a device with attachment points (threaded holes, small hoops, depressions, or at very least without a strangely curved back and sides ... sigh ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote