View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Icarus 7.8 inch 300ppi Android e-reader via Indiegogo. Hopefully I will receive it at the end of September. They finally added most everything (missing expandable storage) I wanted. Android, Google Play app store, MP3 support, headphone jack, bluetooth, and wifi.

This means that the apps that I use 90% of the time will still function great.

Calibre Companion
Moon+ Reader Pro
Pocket Casts
Dropbox
Feedly

Hopefully the other 10% of my app usage should work too.

The only thing I'm giving up is Google's Map app since there is no GPS and obviously any video apps. Its not cheap, but if you are interested they will be selling it on their site. Here are the specs.

Full specification:

• 7.8" E-Ink Carta HD touchscreen (1872 x 1404)
  • Integrated frontlight (adjustable intensity and can be turned off)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth for connecting to other devices
  • Android 4.2: install your own apps
  • 1.8Ghz processor with 1GB RAM
  • 16 Gb internal memory
  • Supports ePub and PDF with Adobe DRM and in addition FB2, RTF, MOBI, TXT, HTM
  • Supports other ebook ecosystems, newspapers, articles and many other content through apps / Google Play Store
  • Audio support (MP3) and 3.5mm headphone jack
  • Battery: 2,800mAh Lithium Ion
  • Sleep / wake up function (with Icarus Sleep Cover for Illumina XL HD, sold separately)
  • 200 x 145 x 9mm, 275 gr.

I'll let you know how it works out.
I'd like to know if the Kindle app works. I've tried it on my T62D, but it doesn't seem to work.

Unfortunately their website charges you VAT even if you're in the US.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote