View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 08:32 AM   #4
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherolza View Post
Hi everyone,

All of a sudden, the books on my Kindle are suddenly buggy. I just bought a new (used) Kindle, a 3rd or 4th generation., not a Touch. I loaded my books onto the Kindle from Calibre, and they open on the Kindle. The problem is that the books keeps jumping back to the 1st page after I skip to another book. I can be halfway through the book, and if I open another collection and then reopen my book, it's right back at the first page.

There's a couple other buggy things that could be related. When I transfer books to the Kindle from USB, a lot of times, the books still show up as "new," even after they've been opened. I also can't remove the books from the Kindle directly, only through Calibre. And if I send a book through wirelessly, the Kindle won't receive it. As an FYI: this is happening with books with edited metadata and books downloaded straight from Amazon through USB.

I had this problem with my second generation, which is why I switched, but now it's happening again.

Is this problem Amazon or Calibre? Is this just the way it is? Any advice would be so appreciated.

Elizabeth
I notice that you had the problem on your old Kindle as well. You say that you aren't receiving books that are sent to your Kindle via wireless--are you able to connect to the Kindle store from the Kindle? If so, what happens if you buy a book directly from the device?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote