View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
pratik
pratik began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightboy View Post
check out the Chinese website that I posted on E653 topic.
E653's roms could be used in T61.
It is easy to create a custom rom for this device but it is difficult to find mods or apps for android e-ink devices. Not to mentioned the fact that we are missing the kernel source code.

I think it is impossible to post a complete review of this device (many reading apps could be installed). In terms of stability, I have not got force close or errors messages in apps that I have installed. However, after freezing some stock rom's apps, other stock rom's apps stopped working. It did not bother me because I am not going to use them anyway.
I have also installed many system apps (xposed,firewall,atuostart,Disable Service, ........) and modified system files (like build.prop) and have not seen any problems.
Overall, everything is working fine with me.

GoodeReader & The eBook Reader have posted several videos for E653. You should watch them.

Unfortunately, I dont have a Micro USB OTG Adapter to test the otg driver ( /sys/bus/platform/drivers/usb20_otg/force_usb_mode ) .

Actually I have seen all the videos on them. The thing id they are all of the T61. And that too of the pure stock experience. Is there to difference at all between both of them except for the large battery and the headphone jack?

I could find no video of the T62. Please see of you could find the time to make one. Or write about one in-depth hacked experience.
pratik is offline   Reply With Quote