View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:34 AM   #15
Carolingian
Carolingian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch PRS-650
I have not read any other forum comments about other ereaders as I have a PRS-650. It was fine initially, but I haven't used it for a while and decided to recharge it and buy some ebooks. To my surprise the battery counter was reading two (the PRS-650 has four). As I said I hadn't been using it for a long time. However, I am close to fanatical about turning off the reader even if I am planning to read again in half an hour's time. Yes! I had read other horror stories and was wary of flattening my battery through carelessness, or whatever.

In summary:

Point One. ...battery reading two slots instead of four.

Point Two. I had not used the Reader for a month or so.

Point Three. I had definitely turned it off after last using it.

Point Four. Onscreen Microsoft refuses to acknowledge device (ereader). Tells me that my device is malfunctional and not recognised by MS. Also MS tells me that I need to replace device.

Point Five. The next day no comments from MS. Battery appears to be absolutely flat.

Point Six. If Sony knows that their PRS-650 has a battery problem, why don't they allow people easy access to supply a replacement battery at a reasonable price?

Point 7 - I agree totally with the contributor who noted that everyting is disposable. Being told that it is the way life is, does not help the disgruntled consumer one little bit.

Point 8. My conclusion is that Sony were (and are) fully aware of the prevalence of this problem; and also that they think that their consumers must be absolute idiots. In addition, they must think that the PRS650 will last just as long as up to when their new eReader is released and that everyone will thow out their old PRS Series in the rush to buy the newer model. WRONG!

P.S.
Point Nine - I will never purchase a Sony EReader of any description again.
Carolingian is offline   Reply With Quote