View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
How large are files such as the NYTimes?
They range from .8 megs to up to 2 megs, or about 1200 to 2400 pages total. It may not be the size of the file though, so much as the number of links within the files. kovidgoyal probably knows exactly what the problem is, cuz he's crazy smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DojoPat View Post
Weatherman - do we know that there is a next gen in November? Does it have a new model number like PRS-510 ?
No, we don't know that, but I think there's a good chance of it. If you look at the release schedule of the Readers they seem to come out around then about once a year. And this year in particular, with Kindle getting all the glory, I expect Sony is really going to try to go head-to-head by pumping up the catalog and coming out with some sexy new hardware with wireless integration (probably just WiFi). And I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon came out with Kindle II either before xmas or within a few months after.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote