View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #206
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
The indoor antenna was a complete failure. I got zero signal. The one I bought was not the most expensive but was not cheap either, about 50 bucks. I had to return it.
I paid $35 for my outdoor antenna. It cost me $100 bucks to have it installed. I am saving about $40 a month no having the TV service any more.

http://www.amazon.com/Winegard-HD-10...1129212&sr=8-1

They also have a slightly smaller indoor outdoor for $26.

http://www.amazon.com/Winegard-FV-HD...1129274&sr=8-2

Quote:
I will visit BB instead and see if I can try a different brand. I don't really want to spend more on an outdoor antenna.

If it was for me, I would keep Roku and ignore the local channels or news, but I would like to please my wife on that. I spend more time reading than watching TV anyway.
Quote:
Stupid question here. Do I have to get a digital adapter or converter even with a new TV? I do have a Samsung plasma, 40 something inches. It is my understanding I do not need a digital converter for an indoor antenna, am I right about it?
It depends on the year it was bought. But, if it is a fairly new HDTV with a tuner it will have a digital tuner built in. In the US anything made after 2007 must have a digital tuner built in.

I'm curious, did you go onto AntennaWeb.org and see how far away the transmitters are from you?

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 07-19-2011 at 10:35 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote