View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 05:09 AM   #10
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched, 100% kepubs); Calibre 5 (Win10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Not sure what you mean here. Calibre has options about what to do with duplicate books, but they only used when adding the book to the library. And maybe when you rename a book. Nothing is done when sending a book to a device.

The problem is probably in the save template you use in the driver. it is probably producing the same file name for both books in the pair. When they are sent to the device, the second one replaces the first one. Hence, only one book there when you disconnect.
Spot on! Thanks a lot to you and the rest of the users as well!
I was indeed wrong when I wrote that Calibre notified me in case I was uploading duplicate books to the device: like you say, Calibre only sends pop-up notifications when I add ebooks with the same title to the library. You'll have to excuse me as I am in the middle of a learning curve, because I got my first ereader only ten days ago.

Now, I didn't try it in person but I am convinced that editing the template in KoboTouchExtended definitely does the trick I needed.

The only reason why I won't edit the save template is that I already have one thousand KEPUBs with related reading stats and highlights loaded on my device, and I'm afraid to upset the future syncs in case I have to re-send the whole Calibre library to Kobo (the future saving directories will differ from the current ones and they could lead to duplicates and other headaches).

It's a real pity that 'publisher' or 'id' fields are not in KoboUtilities save template by default. In my current situation I don't have other choice but to go on and repeat BetterRed's effective and innocuous trick if this rare instance happens again in the future.
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote