Thread: Screen Burn
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
Bigape
Bigape began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
Hi guys - I know it's my first post here, but I felt I had to jump in and comment.

Like MacEachaidh, I also tend to let my Story put itself to sleep (or at least I used to), but I've never noticed the 'forgettening the page' issue. The only time I've seen something similar is when using the quick browse function - holding down the page turn button which gives a bar across the bottom of the screen. You can then scroll quickly backwards and forwards through your book. If I cancel that function, it frequently starts the book 2 or 3 pages back.

I've also noticed that when letting the Story go to sleep on its own, the battery life takes a major nosedive. 5 days from fully charged to empty when I let it go to sleep (no shutting down at all) and nearly 3 weeks when shutting down at the end of each session. I'm reading a book every 2 - 3 days, so the 'page turn' usage has been fairly constant.

Finally, I'm just glas that I've found a community who use the Story, I thought I must have been the only one in the UK who had one
Bigape is offline   Reply With Quote