View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
I'd actually get subscriptions to magazines, but not on the iPad. I would want PDFs, which I can keep in my library (which is what I do with Scientific American, which offers PDFs, for instance).

The iPad unfortunately is a proprietary format, which cannot be transferred later, when one changes platforms. The same is with iBooks purchases, I suppose.
Agree.... Until there is a way to strip DRM and make the content "future proof" count me out. I buy books (for example) from Kobo, simple because I can rid them of DRM easy. I will not buy an iBooks book until I can strip the DRM. (I Will take the free ones though) and on that subject......

I have had iPods since 2004, and iPhone for almost 2 years..... And yesterday i got the first thing ever from iTunes.... A free book....

The only things at this point I buy from apple are the devices, and apps......

Last edited by Bremen Cole; 04-10-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote