View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 04:16 PM   #12
Avarwen
Connoisseur
Avarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of lightAvarwen is a glorious beacon of light

Device: EZ_ Reader, Nook wifi, Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Wasn't BB&B something of a launchpad for Jetbook?
If you want to reach the non-techie crowd, it's not a bad place to start.

The real interesting thing about it (after the app-supporting update) is the possibility of getting Kindle for Android on it. That would mean double-DRM commercial ebooks; B&N ePub and Amazon Mobi. That alone makes it (and the horde of Android tablets headed our way) interesting.

It also brings up a thought: how soon til we see a standalone B&N app for Android?

6 hours battery life is... suboptimal... but acceptable. Barely... It works out to an evening's worth of reading. My netbook runs about 7 hours and I rarely run out of power. The battery had better be user replaceable, though, cause that thing is going to run through a lot of recharge cycles in a year.

Nonetheless, the features (if they work) and the price are very interesting.
I agree I like the fact that you will pretty much be able to buy from most online e-books stores but the battery life is meh. The price is right so I might bite. I was hoping for an e-reader with an e-ink screen that could read from all e-books stores but now with people copying the ipad that idea is most likely a dead duck.
Avarwen is offline   Reply With Quote