View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 08:15 AM   #9
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
ERRORS SO FAR

ERRORS SO FAR

I think I should dedicate a post to errors since I am so error-prone.
* I do not do this on purpose to torture you - sometimes things work only on my Clara that I discover later, e.g. by clean install on new SD card!

CRITICAL STEP (or /sbin/agetty won't run):
# cp /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/libs/ld-musl-armhf.so.1 /lib/
This is the the same loader ld-musl-armhf.so.1 from the elinks install in a previous post.
Obviously if I am running binary from /sbin without the library path of /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/libs/, then I need to supply the loader in the base /lib/ directory.
I did not realize that I had done this on my Clara some months ago.
Your fbpad w/USB keyboard won't work without starting and pkilling agetty (or equivalent).

IMPORTANT NOTE: ON MY KOBO, EITHER USB OR WIFI NETWORKING (WHETHER CONNECTED TO HOTSPOT OR NOT) HAD TO BE ENABLED OR DEVICE FREEZES (when running fbkeyboard). WHO KNOWS WHY?
SORRY FOR ANY FRUSTRATION - I HAD DONE MANY SUCCESSFUL TESTS NOT REALIZING THAT ENABLING WIFI WAS RELEVANT!

Somewhere I renamed fbpads in my upload to fbpadS in my NickelMenu entries.
That might cause error...

Anything else?Hopefully that's it.

CAUTION: You know how Nickel does all that background work when you connect USB cable to desktop, click "connect", then later unmount?

Well, there may be a risk of data corruption if you had a loop mounted file, e.g. Alpine chroot.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...38&postcount=2

So better don't try this. But if you DO connect a USB cable, either exit the chroot and unmount the loop first, OR click "cancel" and use SSH/Telnet networking instead. (I have done this for months.)

Last edited by elinkser; 12-03-2023 at 03:17 PM. Reason: fbkeyboard not needing agetty
elinkser is offline   Reply With Quote