View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 05:07 PM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyttorak View Post
Just for curiosity: Noone is bulding ebooks with a good screen and just focus in reading epub that you collect by you own?. I mean, I don't want wiifi, I don't want a button to share in facebook, I don't want a online shop, I don't want personal recomendations, etc, but all I find have this kind of things
With Kobo you can turn most of those things off. When you first get a reader, you will see recommendations on the home screen, but as you use the device those will go away.

There is a patch (I believe) to turn off the home page link to the shop. (I haven't bothered since it is only a text line).

Wi-Fi you can turn off on all ereaders.

I believe Kindle lets you get rid of recommendations on the home screen, but I haven't used a Kindle in a while, so I am not sure.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote