Thread: Glo Kobo Night Mode
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #63
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
@Mingyar: can you reinstall and re-uninstall the plugin, add a test.sh entry to the kobotweaks.ini and write such a file with:
Code:
cat /etc/init.d/rcS > /mnt/onboard/.kobo/mydebug.log
restart the kobo and execute the test entry, mount the kobo, search for .kobo/mydebug.log and post here its contents?

@yoq: ok, let me know if I have understood: you are dynamically linking a C library to nickel bin. The library contains a class, which constructor is automatically invoked. The constructor creates the FIFO. Since this is done at startup, any echo will be directed to the FIFO? Right?

Thank you for the C for dummies lesson
Hi Lucas,

I did what you asked me.
The only change in the /etc/init.d/rcS file is at line 132.
When plugin is installed :
LD_PRELOAD=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/screenInv.so /usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws &
After uninstall :
/usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws &

I did this with screenInv_build4.zip version of the plugin.
I uninstalled with the uninstaller provided in this package.

I confirm the uninstaller doesn't remove any file in the .kobo directory. I deleted them manually.

The real bug is that serial informations (collection name and number prompt under the name of the book in the library) are no more updated when the plugin is installed.

For information :
Kobo firmware : 2.5.1
KoboTweaks plugin : Last version.
Calibre 0.9.29
Calibre plugin epub => kepub : 1.3.0 (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=211135&page=7)
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote