View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #23
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I actually forgot my e-ink reader the other day, but had the Note on me and used that to pick right up and read my book. I was surprised, because my eyes generally don't care for reading on a backlit device, but I read for about 2 hours and my eyes were quite comfortable afterward. I could have gone on reading and in fact did, once I was home.

I'm a 5'7" woman, medium frame, perhaps slightly longer than normal fingers, I was able to hold it in my hand and curl a finger around to tap the page for turns using the device one-handed.

I think some reader apps might let you set the volume buttons up for page turning if you don't have long fingers, but I don't like button pushing, so haven't tried that.

Can't speak to it as a phone, I use mine as a WiFi tablet.

Value, well, I got mine used at a good price. But because, unlike other tablets that don't have high enough resolution for my eyes to be comfortable, for me, even full price for an unlocked device would have been good value for *me*. Only have one set of eyes and don't want to ruin 'em.

Haven't used the stylus for note taking much, I prefer to swype. But I do like it for occasional sketching and sometimes to hit links on web pages, though mostly I can do that with my finger.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote