View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Neither. Textbook costs are going to be the same electronically or in print, simply because publishers are going to expect to maintain their revenues. The educational outcomes are going to be the same either way, simply because very few teachers know how to use computers in innovative ways. Yet these tablets are going to add overhead in school systems that can barely afford the most important thing of all: quality teachers.
If they go the Apple route then textbooks are actually going to be pretty cheap. The cost alone Apple put a cap of $15 I believe. Add in the cost (or lack there of) of using the free ibooks author to create the book and you have a much cheaper text book than the a paper version. Plus being able to push out updates to the book and they all get updated with the latest content. In the long term an ipad, even an ipad 1 is going to be cheaper than a traditional text book. I wish I had one back when I was in school. In college, recently, I actually did use my ipad for my textbooks. I just opened up an app and there was my book.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote