View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #9
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
It seems as if there is a lot of conversion needed to be done in order for the iPad to work for schools and their students. If that is easy to do, then great. Upon first glance at the JetBook, it looks like someone as non-geekish as myself could transfer my data from my laptop into jetBook. Maybe I'm reading the details wrong, but it looks like jetBook is more convenient for school use and the iPad for the rest of us nonscholarly folk. iPad was made for the general population and Etaco made JetBook for students. I'd like to take a look at one and see if my son's school has already tested them.
There should be IT in charge of getting/pushing books and other instructional materials into whatever device the school ends up buying. The device only needs to be easy to use for both the teachers and the students.

The problem with e-ink is the lack of flexibility. Instructional material aren't limited to just textbooks now. If you go with LCD, then you can even use interactive programs, etc. In this case an iPad or Android-based tablet would work better.

Whatever the schools/school districts choose, though, I hope it's platform agnostic so they're not locked in to one manufacturer. After a couple of years, I can see good quality Android tablets dropping down to $150~250 while Apple maintains their $500 pricing for the iPad. And given the wear and tear I expect these tablets will be seeing, I think we're looking at equipment upgrades/replacement every 1~2 years.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote