View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
srv1973
srv1973 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color with CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Your plugin would be useful to a lot of android phones and aldiko users so I think you would be better off making a plugin that sets the uuid in the user defined usb plugin and make modifications to that so when it detects an aldiko database it works with that.
I'd love to, but I've never written a plugin or device driver for Calibre before, and I'm also pretty new to Python (but have quite a bit of development experience in other languages), so I'd appreciate any pointers people can throw my way.

Perhaps somebody would like to cooperate? I think I can fairly easily contribute the code required to access the Aldiko library database file, and it'll go quicker if somebody could point me to the correct 'code framework' that this would need to fit in for a Calibre device driver.

[edit] OK, did some tests locally with accessing the Aldiko database file, and as I thought it's pretty trivial to work with. In order to integrate this all nicely in a generic way into Calibre however is something I'm going to need a lot of pointers and help with. If there is any interested from the developers for this, please contact me.

Rgds

Last edited by srv1973; 01-08-2012 at 01:41 PM.
srv1973 is offline   Reply With Quote