View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I finally found a device to replace my Palm PDA

I used to use a PalmOS based PDA. I used to love Palm. But when i got my laptop 2 years ago, I realized that most of what i did on my Zodiac i preferred to do on the laptop. I usually have my laptop with me, and when I don't have the laptop I usually don't need a device at all; a few sheets of paper will suffice. So I gave up on a PDA about 20 months ago.

I recently found a device that is fits in a pocket and is close enough in function to a laptop that I feel I could use this instead.

The device in question is a HP Jornada 720, and was released in 2000. Yes, I choose, instead of a new PDA, a device that is older, heavier, and does much much more.

The 720 has both a keyboard and a 6" touchscreen. The screen resolution is 640 by 240. The device weighs just over a pound, and fits nicely in a pants pocket. For expansion it has a CF card slot and a PCMCIA slot.The CF has a 2GB at the moment. find out more here, here, and in particular look here.

The Jornada 720 runs as an OS Handheld PC 2000, which is based on WinCE 3.0. I know what you're thinking; the thought of using an OEM version of Windows makes you "WinCE". But you should set that aside. This OS looks and feels like Windows 2000, in my opinion. Plus, it comes with Pocket Office. (This is the one way that the 720 beats Nokia's ITs.)

I have 4 ebook reader running on it right now: Mobipocket, eReader, MSReader, and uBook. I've tried them all and my favorite is Mobipocket. It's so good that if I could only carry the 720 or my Kindle, I would choose the 720.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote