View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #48
love2read1357
love2read1357 doesn't litterlove2read1357 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Since we can't place sideloaded content onto the homescreen here's a way to gain quick access to several books/periodicals/docs you're reading without using the homescreen drop down list.

Do this after you have created all of your shelves.

Access My Shelves. Sort by Most Recent. Create a new shelf, Current Reads or something similar. Place all of the books/periodicals/docs that you're currently reading on this shelf. Your current reads always appear as the first shelf, making it easy for you to grab from your current reading pile.

If you have to add other shelves down the road, thus making Current Reads no longer the most recent one, delete the shelf and start the above process again. Don't forget to sort by Most Recent.
I sort my shelves by title but any shelves I want to keep at the top just add a symbol in front of the shelf title. So instead of Currently Reading it looks like * Currently Reading. Adding the symbol first keeps it on top no matter what the first letter is. Therefore there is no need to delete a shelf and start over when you want to keep it on top.

This method works very well for Kindle Collections as well.
love2read1357 is offline   Reply With Quote