View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 10:38 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Sometimes at the start I use Notepad++, KATE or Jota as text only editors for a story. Stuff like annotations, characters, events, plot, etc is always in plain text. With spelling checker off if there is one.

I have all superfluous status, rulers, menus and icons hidden.

Even on WYSIWYG I use styles and have the grammar check off till doing a complete check of the document. Mostly stuff is a heading or body text.

I had to use a typewriter for reports in my first job after college. I still have a portable typewriter.

Jota on Android (and I have real keyboards for the phone and tablets) is the minimum for me. Or perhaps Nano on Console Linux. I don't see that being able to screen edit is a distraction. How I hated editors on PCs that were really designed for a paper teletype, such as edlin.

Last edited by Quoth; 01-12-2021 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Edit distractions
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote