View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks to user nqk we now have a workaround for the CC dropbox authentication problem. It is possible to login using Google (gmail) credentials. I tried it and it works.

What I did: I
  1. Created a new gmail account specifically for dropbox. I didn't want to mix my normal google stuff with dropbox stuff.
  2. Changed my email in dropbox to the new gmail address.
  3. Verified the email with dropbox (their automated process).
Then, in CC, I tapped the Google button when Dropbox asked me to authenticate and entered the new email address and password. Google asked me for permission to let dropbox see the account (contacts), then Dropbox signed me in.

EDIT: If you already use a gmail address for for Dropbox then you can use the "Sign in with Google" button without changing anything. I chose not to do this because I keep separate email addresses for nearly everything.

Last edited by chaley; 03-31-2019 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Add precision that one can continue to use a gmail address.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote