View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 07:42 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I cannot make CC fail in this way. I have test books with plain and complex HTML comments, and the comments all display on the two devices I currently have access to.

@ienosos and @akailiajade: it would help me debug this if you:
  • set the options so that it fails (comments don't display)
  • open book details on a book with "missing" comments
  • then send me a CC debug log (Settings / Other / Email a debug log to MultiPie.

Questions:
  • Are you using the wireless device to put the books on your device, or are you using the cloud connection?
  • Have you enabled any of the Android "developer options"?
  • Did your device do any sort of upgrade before the comments stopped displaying?
  • Do you use Chrome or a different browser? There are rumors that in later versions of Android, if Chrome is never started (set up) then html displays can fail.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote