View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akailiajade View Post
I have comments on all of my books in Calibre. Basically, I paste the book plot summaries from the metadata into the comments so that when I'm browsing my unread books looking for a new book to read on my phone or tablet, I can see a summary of what it's about.

Previously, those comments were carried over to Calibre Companion. Now they're not. None of my Calibre comments are visible in Calibre Companion. What happened? Is there a setting I can change to get them back?
Some thoughts:
  • First question: what changed between when the comments worked and then not?
  • If the HTML is invalid then CC might fail to show the comments. Does unchecking the box CC Settings / Book details / Formatting in comments change anything?
  • Are the missing comments fields selected (checked) in CC Book details / Choose items to display?
  • What kind of comments field are they? By that I mean which option is chosen in calibre for "Interpret this column as" in the column setup?
  • You must do a "Connect as a wireless device" if you changed the lookup names.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote