View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #75
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Apparently they didn't tell FW why they were dropping them so who knows. It could be that since FW bought eReader they've also become a distro or maybe FW wasn't using them much and using their competitor, Lightning Source, and that somehow played into it. I know almost all the books I've bought in the last year or more from FW have been from Lightning Source.

Over Drive, also known as Content Serve, is one of the biggies along with Lightning Source. I'm not sure if there are any other big distro's out there for ebooks. I know Harper Collins is in big with OD, but don't know if their titles are distro'd exclusively by them or not. Hopefully now although FW has failed to offer some (all?) of Harper's new releases the past week or two.

The last big Over Drive problem I remember was back around '04 when the dumped eReader as a format so folks who purchased that format from FW, and maybe others, back then were out of luck. Thankfully when FW bought eReader they restored access to those books for folks, provided eReader still had rights to them.
Ah, thanks for that.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote