View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #20
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Having looked up the definition of classic on Dictionary.com ("a literary work of the first rank, especially one of demonstrably enduring quality") I second the nomination of The Good Earth. It won the Pulitzer Prize 80 years ago which establishes that it is of first rank. My 91-year-old mother-in-law struggled to finish it in the last days of her life. She said that she had always meant to read it and didn't want to die before finishing it. For me, that established 'enduring quality'.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote