View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #410
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If calibre can already do this for PDFs and RTFs when sending the books to devices...
Thanks for your ongoing interest davidfor

AFAIK Calibre doesn't update the XMP metadata in PDF's when it saves to disk, or sends to folder as a device; same goes for RTF. Kovid is not interested in changing Calibre in this regard ===>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1075794.

And I'm not that interested in learning python, besides I wouldn't want to commit to contributing and maintaining Calibre plugins.

Remember I already have a working solution - via the use of a temporary library. All I wanted was to streamline that process by updating the books in situ. I wasn't looking to change how I update the PDF & RTF XMP metadata - that's working.

Using the idea from theducks I can now create a text file with the paths to books of a given status ID, and using your Open With idea I can refresh the XMP in a single book. And if push comes to shove, I can use the temporary library solution.

If an Update XMP Metadata in PDF and RTF files plugin happens to turn up then I'd be happy to test and use it.

My baseline requirement is integration of the metadata into file system search indexing. Apart from that I'm not sure why else you'd need the metadata as XMP in PDF or RTF files.

Thanks BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-10-2012 at 05:48 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote