View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #15
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrager View Post
Just a heads up. Make sure you like the way you set up the directories on the Kindle. If you move files from 1 directory to another the Kindle will think it's a brand new book and re-index it and take it out of any Collections it's in. I originally just slapped a bunch of eBooks into my new Kindle and wanted to reorganize the directory structure a few days later, but I don't want to go thru with the indexing so I'll just keep it all unorganized.
Yes. The Kindle identifies items by the folder they're in + the filename and not the contents. It does this for speed as it doesn't need to inspect the contents of each file every time it wants to display a collection. If you alter either then it will think that it is a new item.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote