View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 12:49 AM   #13
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Your figures don't seem to jive with reality. I buy basically nothing but older used eReaders (too many of them) and the only way I've seen eInk screens "wear out" is when they're broken. I guess it's possible they're degrading, but I sure don't notice it.
Agreed 100% Rcentros. I have multiple Kindle and Sony ebook readers from the K1 through the K4 and K5 as well as the Sony PRS-505 and PRS-X50 models and I cannot see appreciable screen degradation or screen performance differences for the E-ink Pearl and later screens. Hard to tell any e-ink Pearl screen from the K3 (Kindle Keyboard) onward to the current Kindle Generation 8 Basic apart, at least to my eyes. All have identical 167 DPI resolution.

Latest 300 DPI e-ink screens on Kindle and Kobo readers, which I also have, are a bit sharper but the difference is minor at reasonable reading distances with screen lighting off or minimized, at least to my 73 year old eyes.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote