View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 12:03 PM   #26
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
People on here are conflating purchasing a Nook and purchasing ebooks from B&N. The two do not have to go together. Currently I wouldn't suggest buying ebooks from B&N. They willl work fine on your Nook. But later if you decide to move on to Kobo or Kindle, you will likely have trouble removing the DRM so your Nook books can be moved to another reader.

I have Nooks and Kobos and buy books from Amazon. And you mentioned you are digitizing things you already have.If you want to buy a reader and mainlly buy books directly available on it, I'd say buy a Kindle.

I quite like my Nook Glowlight Plus and Glowlight 3. Hardware is nicer than the competitors. The Glowlight 3 has a better screen than any other 6" reader I've seen, it has page turn buttons and the amber light for night reading is much nicer than a simillar feature on my Clara.

The reading experience on the Nook is great.

The software (everything that is not reading) lacks features a Kindle or Kobo has. They are behind there. But I've found a lot of those features, though they look good on paper, do not impact me. Missing features or no, I spend about as much time reading on my Nook as I do my Kobo.

I wouldn't buy a Nook on the assumption that every Barnes and Noble store will act something like the Genius Bar. The people there are there to sell books and likely have little to no training on Nooks. Sideloaded books, forget it buddy. They will not know.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote