View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 04:37 AM   #22
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
Hi.

I've been wanting to do Nano for a while, but Oct-Nov is the busy time of the year at work. I think I'm finally going to try it this year; I have an idea that has been tumbling around in my head for about a month, and I feel I ought to start working on it or else I'll forget it. Not sure what to expect of such a crazy deadline.
If you can find time to put an outline together, that really helps with NaNo. It gives you a scaffold so that when you sit down to write you're not wasting time searching for what comes next, which is vital if you're also trying to fit in a full-time job.

If you've not done it before it would also be worth a few practise sessions over this weekend. 1,667 words a day is harder from a standing start and it's disheartening to be behind the goal from the outset.

The two previous occasions that I've done NaNoWriMo I've been between contracts, like I am now, with a lot of spare time.

I am in awe of people who manage this while also working full-time, but many thousands of people do achieve it. Respect!

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote