View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 08:29 PM   #18
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
It's that time of year again. I'll probably get started on nano at the beginning of November and see how things go. I really want to finish a first draft, which is like pulling teeth!

There was a literary week in B'ham recently; I attended a workshop regarding "The Gothic" in fiction. While in the 'powder room' I mentioned nanowrimo to a woman who'd been sitting near me during the workshop, asking if she'd be participating. She looked at me as though I'd asked if she was going to play in a sandpit, or do finger-painting! Seemed to regard it as beneath contempt.

I realise many of the participants are teenagers writing poor YA fiction, but I'm sure that's not universally the case.

So, NanoWriMo anyone?
Don't mind if I do. I plan to try anyway. I'm no teenager though I have been told I don't look my almost 48 yrs. I agree that talking about it can give someone an incentive to actually try. I have a facebook group if anyone is interested. Let's do NaNo
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote