Thread: Amazon vs Kobo
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 02:09 AM   #24
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The new Kobo Forma is more durable then any previous Kobo and more durable then any Kindle. The Forma uses a plastic backed screen instead of a glass backed screen. So it's not only more durable, it's also lighter. So it can take drops better because the screen won't shatter. It is IPX8 waterproof. So really, the Kobo Forma is the device that fits your needs best.
but it is a copycat of oasis 2 which many amazon customer reviews say is not comfortable for one handed use - too heavy/too slippery. i would be wary of pre ordering the forma until there are lots of reviews
the oasis 2 reviews 1 star to 5 star distribution at amazon uk is not good and as I say it is much critisized for comfort. forma may avoid the specific criticism of frame being cold metal though
there seem to be 3 common complaints re oasis 2: battery life, comfort, and compatibility issues with audible purchases. audible will be n/a for kobo?

on a separate issue, it has been a year since I considered buying a new kobo as a xmas gift, so I re-searched for a up to date summary of how stable/buggy the kobo software is nowadays. what is the best source of that. there's a hugely long bug thread but for all I know, many of those are now fixed ?. and ditto for current standards of kobo customer service. I don't really want individual horror stores, just some sort of overview, if possible
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote