Thread: Amazon vs Kobo
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 08:07 PM   #23
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
In your previous post you implied that "it needs tinkering/hacking to work"; I simply said that it doesn't, which is the truth, and provided evidence for it. I wasn't certainly implying that you should like it in any way, or prefer it to any other ereader brand. As I said, I don't see the point of the "X vs Y" argument.
So yeah, there's really no need to be disparaging. A lot of Kobo users actually think that the "large blobs of white space" thing is a feature, and the company must think so as well, considering they haven't changed it in many years and aren't going bankrupt anytime soon. I'm sure it's possible to like different things and still have a civil discussion about it, even on the Internet.
As my response was quite civil and just an opinion on your own comment, I am not sure where you think there was anything disparaging.
I am only responding to your own comment about the white spaces, which I have read about before on these forums. I would not have even known about them otherwise. How is that not civil. Very confused at your post at me.

The thread asks after all amazon vs kobo. So folks, including you are going to comment on things they like or prefer about one or the other. I call that just commenting. *scratches head.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote