View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #8
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Back again, MacEachAidh. A thought. I've had a look at the recommended sample epub file in another thread, where she (can't remember her name) embeds fonts and does a mass of other fancy stuff to try out all the options in epub. She embeds normal, italic and bold. In my case, since these represent foreign phrases, they should be in italics, and presumably I only need to embed the italic form. And that being so, and since these phrases occur only fairly rarely, it won't be so noticeable if the normal font is different.

I'm assuming I would add a serif font in italics with the letters I need.

Regarding the ideograms, would I create a png or tiff or jpg graphic for these? And refer to the graphic in a similar way in the epub file?

Sorry this is a bit off-topic, but you've got me going, and I'm raring to get my story onto my Story!

//James
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote